2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
Atheists . . Men of Faith!
Have you ever talked to an Atheist who said he wanted to believe in God but couldn't? I have. As a matter of fact, the person was crying. Back then I couldn't understand. Jesus said "no man can come to me except it be given him of my Father". You can't believe in Jesus unless God gives you the faith. That's why the Bible says to "to you it is given . ." to believe in Jesus. That's why you must come when He calls, and not harden your heart.
I once thought I was an Atheist, but I have failed! I don’t have enough faith to be an Atheist! I tried to be one when I was younger but I just couldn’t pull it off. If you care, here are a few reasons why I don’t have enough faith to be an Atheist.
1. Here we are on planet Earth with no trace of life or intelligence that we can discern anywhere in the cosmos. It’s obvious that the universe was created. If this is not obvious - you probably should move on. Scientists argue about the mechanism, but increasing numbers have to admit that it appears that there was not only a beginning, a great bang, but a grand intelligence that made it all. They don’t have a problem with something coming from nothing - they just don’t like something coming from . . you know who! See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLu3r7DITro
2. Mitochondrial Eve
In 1987 a worldwide survey of human mitochondrial DNA showed that “all mitochondrial DNA stems from one woman”. The same is true for men (though the dating is wrong), proving that there was an original Adam and Eve just as the Bible says.You can read the details here:https://answersingenesis.org/theory-of-evolution/molecular-clock/circular-reasoning-surrounds-human-origins-but-even-a-broken-clock-is-right-twice-a-day/
3. Geology testifies to a global hydraulic catyclism that was recorded by every major culture. Stories vary, with some quite fantastical and others not so much. The Sumerian and Bible accounts even have the flood starting on the same day! The world was overthrown by a global flood just as the Bible said! see here: https://answersingenesis.org/the-flood/global/worldwide-flood-evidence/
4. Paleontology agrees that human civilization began in the middle east as scripture records, and flowed outward as shown here: http://erenow.com/ancient/babylon-mesopotamia-and-the-birth-of-civilization/
5. The Power of Myth shows how the original truths of vicarious atonement and Messiah were spread and twisted worldwide thru history . . http://billmoyers.com/content/ep-1-joseph-campbell-and-the-power-of-myth-the-hero%E2%80%99s-adventure-audio/
6. Abraham’s hometown Ur of the Chaldees was found, along with other ancient Bible cities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur
and that his sons were
7. Captive in Egypt and came out under Moses: http://patternsofevidence.com/
8. And entered Canaan under Joshua http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-altar-of-joshua.htm
9. Conquered the Canaanites http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/israelexperience/history/pages/burnt_wheat_tel_hazor_25-jul-2012.aspx , and
10. Became a great nation whose capital became Jerusalem under King David: http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-artifacts/artifacts-and-the-bible/the-tel-dan-inscription-the-first-historical-evidence-of-the-king-david-bible-story/
11. What credible historian will deny that the vision recorded in the Book of Daniel lays out exactly the order in which the major civilizations of history would rule? Click here: http://www.kjvbible.org/daniel.html
12. Found in The City of David recently were the bulla of two men named in Jeremiah 38:1, exactly where they fell amidst the fire in 586 B.C. See here: http://www.baslibrary.org/biblical-archaeology-review/35/2/21-0
13. Jesus life and death are recorded not only in the Bible, but by secular sources, here: http://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources
14. The collapse and fall of Jerusalem and Herod’s temple that Jesus predicted. That happened in 70 A.D. The Jews were scattered and persecuted as he predicted, and came back as he foretold, becoming a nation in 1948.
15. The current emergence of global government hostile to Jews and Christians and ultimately
16. Requiring a mark upon every individual on earth is no surprise to Bible readers. Nor is the
17. United States collapse into one of the globalists ten socialist precincts a shock.
I could say much more, but if you don’t want to believe it would be pointless. Read Romans 1:18-32 if you want to read something terrifying. By nature we hate God and are his enemies. We are dead in sin and trespasses until he gives us a new birth by his mercy alone - not because we choose it at our demand. "No man can come to me unless it were given him by my father" Jesus warned. And those who surrounded him were furious - and left him (John 6:65). This is why the Bible warns that if "you hear his voice, harden not your heart" (Hebrews 4:7).
Jesus is the Messiah. It's not my fault. He is the judge of all flesh. You too. If you can ask him to save you he will. And if you can't, that's all the more reason to fall on your knees and beg for a change of mind. Say, "Jesus, I don't believe in you, but I want to! Help me to believe in you !" He promised he will.
Like I said, I just don’t have enough faith to be an Atheist -